Namiyoke Inari Jinja Shrine
Namiyoke Inari Jinja (波除稲荷神社), or just Namiyoke Jinja (波除神社), is a small Shinto shrine located next to Tsukiji Fish Market. This shrine is where the guardian divinity of the Tsukiji district is enshrined.
This shrine was founded in 1659 when this area was reclaimed. Present shrine complex was completed in 1937.
It's a 5-minute walk from Toei Oedo Line Tsukiji-shijo Station.
Haiden is the building where you offer prayers to the divinities.
Honden, placed behind Haiden, is where the deities are enshrined.
This male lion head weighs one metric ton (2,200 pounds).
This female lion head is 0.7 metric ton (1,500 pounds) in weight.
Tsukiji Shishi Matsuri
Tsukiji Shishi Matsuri (つきじ獅子祭り) is the Reitaisai (Annual Grand Festival) of this shrine. It's held in mid-June and conducted fully every three years (2018, 2021,...).
There are three mikoshi (portable shrines) owned by the shrine here, one ordinary type and two lion-head types (yes, those displayed in the precincts). In a fully implemented year, the ordinary type and one of the lion-head types parade through the territory the shrine guards. In other years, one of the three mikoshi parades through the territory.
The red line overlaid on the map below (Google Maps) is the route (and time) of the mikoshi parade on June 11, 2017.