Yutenji (祐天寺), founded in 1723, is a relatively known Jodo Buddhist temple located in the southwestern part of Tokyo. It managed to avoid being destroyed in WWII and thus conserves the complex created before the war. (It suffered a large fire in 1894, though).
It's a 6-min walk from Tokyu Toyoko Line Yutenji Station.
Omotemon, or the front gate, was created in the late-19th century.
Niomon, a gate which houses a pair of gardian (Nio) statues under its roof, was erected in 1735.
Hondo, or the main hall, enshrines the statues of Yuten, a monk for which this temple was founded, and of Amida Nyorai.The oldest part of Hondo was created in 1860. It became what it looks like now in 1912.
Shoin, or the study, was completed in 1895.
Amidado, a hall dedicated to Amida Nyorai, was built in 1724.
Jizodo, which is a hall for Jizo Bosatsu, was completed in 1788.
These are the tombs of Yuten and some of the wives of a feudal lord family.
Shobo Junshokusha Ireisai
On April 29, an event called the Shobo Junshokusha Ireisai (消防殉職者慰霊祭) to commemorate firefighters who sacrificed their lives in their duty is held every year at this temple. See the article on the Shobo Junshokusha Ireisai at Yutenji Temple for details.