Chomeji (長命寺) is a relatively large Shingon Buddhist temple founded in 1613. Many stone pagodas and stone statues are situated on the temple grounds.
It is a 5-minute walk from Nerima-Koyadai Station along the Seibu Ikebukuro Line.
Nandaimon, literally meaning "the south great gate", is the main gate of this temple.
Niomon was created in the mid-17th century. It houses two statues of guardian divinity Nioh under its roof.
Kondo (left) is the main hall. It is dedicated to Fudo Myooh. The structure on the right is the temple office.
Kannondo enshrines Kannon Bosatsu.
Jizodo is a small building enshrining Jizo Bosatsu.
Higashi-Koyasan Oku-no-in is an area which is modeled after Oku-no-in of Koyasan, Wakayama Prefecture.
There are many stone towers and statues in this area. The building in the recess is Daishido, which is dedicated to sect founder Kukai (aka Kobo Daishi).