Tenmyokokuji Temple (天妙国寺) is a Buddhist temple which belong to the Kenpon Hokke school of the Nichiren Buddhism. It is located in the midst of the district which used to be a post station in the feudal times, and is a 4-minute walk from Keikyu Line Aomono-yokocho Station.
Tenmyokokuji was founded in 1285, and has been one of the most prominent Buddhist temple in this area.
The Sanmon gate is the entrance of the temple. It's a post-war reconstruction made with concrete.
The hondo was built in the mid-18th century.
The genkan (entrance) and the kuri (residence) behind it were also erected in the Edo period.