Hayashi Fumiko Memorial Hall
Hayashi Fumiko Memorial Hall (Hayashi Fumiko Kinenkan, 林芙美子記念館) is a writer's home museum which converted the residence of known-in-Japan female novelist Hayashi Fumiko (1903-1951) and her painter husband Tezuka Masaharu. (Her husband never achieved fame as an artist, though.)
It was constructed in 1941 in a traditional style and has a modest garden.
It's a 7-min walk from Nakai Station of the Toei Oedo Line or the Seibu Shinjuku Line.
The house of Hayashi Fumiko and her husband Tezuka Masaharu, who was a painter, was completed in 1941.
It was wartime - the Second Sino-Japanese War and the Second World War - in those days, so the size of a newly-built house was restricted by law. To avoid this restriction, Fumiko built the residential building under her name, her husband built his studio under his name, and after thus clearing the regulation, they connected these two into one.
The repository is made of stone.